Accredited study programmes provided in English
Bachelor study programme Economic Policy and Public Administration
The aim of the study is to develop competencies for qualified work performance of an independent worker in state and local authorities, in EU institutions and bodies, in the monetary area, in banking and insurance, or in the management of companies in the private sector. The study programme provides theoretical knowledge in the field of economic theory, as well as in the area of economic policy objectives, tools and authorities, both at general level and in specialized areas such as fiscal policy, monetary policy, social policy or employment policy. The programme also provides theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the field of public sector functioning, including its management and financing. Part of the study is the development of language skills so that graduates can apply them both in the follow-up study and in practice. Part of the study is also the completion of professional practice, but the study programme is designed primarily as an academically focused programme, which forms the basis for the follow-up master’s degree in programmes focusing on economic policy and administration.
Graduates of the bachelor’s study programme Economic Policy and Administration are particularly employed as professionals
- in central state administration bodies,
- in bodies of self-governing units,
- in commercial banks or insurance companies,
- in the bodies of EU institutions and other international organizations,
- in labor offices, social security administration, tax offices,
- in lower and middle management of private sector enterprises.
Master’s degree programme Economic Policy and Public Administration
The graduate is prepared to work as an independent economic expert and analyst, able to carry out national economic analyzes using advanced statistical and econometric methods, taking into account the broader macroeconomic context and patterns of socio-economic development of society. Other positions of graduates of the study programme are positions at the level of middle and top management both in public administration institutions and in the private sector, where they are able to lead a team, including a team with an international composition. The graduate can also work as a project manager in both the private and public sectors, where he / she is able to process and evaluate grant applications. In all positions, the graduates will use the language skills acquired during their studies through lectures by foreign teachers, work with foreign language literature or through a foreign internship.
The employment of graduates as professional analysts or managers can be found in the following types of institutions and organizations:
- public administration and non-profit sector (central government and self-government bodies, bodies of EU institutions and other international organizations, labor offices, social security administration, tax authorities, statistical offices, etc., non-governmental non-profit organizations),
- banking and insurance (central bank, commercial banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions),
- private-sector firms (enterprises operating in all sectors where graduates find work both as professional economic analysts and in middle and top management).
Bachelor study programme Social Policy and Social Work
The graduates of the bachelor programme Social Policy and Social Work gain in the course of study the basic theoretical knowledge and practical skills in social policy, social administration activities, counselling, social prevention and social and legal protection of children, social protection of citizens, social security, social analysis processing and project creation. Emphasis is placed on effective mastering of the theory and broader context of social policy and social work, including the knowledge of information about the material and technical means of aid, ability to conduct fieldwork and continuous information activities, groundwork creation for professional qualifications of social workers in the form of required communication skills and the following activities of social work.
The gained knowledge and skills create employment prerequisites for the graduates of the bachelor programme Social Policy and Social Work in public institutions at the level of state administration of self-governance, in social security, social security benefits, non-government non-profit organisations, welfare service, municipal authorities and municipal authorities with extended powers, regional councils, social security administration and the following areas:
- social security (social administration activities within social aid as a social worker of municipal authorities and municipal authorities with extended powers, welfare services including institutional care and other services as per Welfare Service Act),
- social security benefits, employment offices, regional councils,
- social and legal protection of children (social worker, youth officer, persons charged with social and legal protection of children, municipal authorities with extended powers),
- employment policy (employment offices etc.),
- justice (mediation and probation service),
- Ministry of the Interior – prison service – social worker,
- non-governmental non-profit organisations – field social work,
- education (social workers in institutions and youth custody centres),
- humanitarian work.
The graduates are adequately theoretically and practically prepared to work in:
- non-profit institutions of private law (associations, charitable trusts, ecclesiastical organisations, foundations etc.),
- institutional facilities of welfare services and other welfare services as per Welfare Service Act,
- municipal authorities with extended powers, municipal authorities and regional councils,
- employment offices (employment policy),
- education – as a social worker.
The study objective is to develop skills for qualified performance of social work in public administration, self-governance and non-government non-profit organisations. The quality performance of social work is supported with theoretical knowledge from relative sciences to social work and social work as an independent scientific discipline, and practical skills and abilities to communicate with clients and other entities.
Other accredited fields of study provided
(admission procedure terminated)
Field of study – Public Economics and Administration
The graduates of the bachelor subject Public Economics and Administration gain in the course of study the basic theoretical knowledge and practical skills of public economics and public administration, economic policy (including social and tax policy and public finance), law (including administrative law and EU law), management, finance and economics of municipalities. An integral part of the knowledge pertaining to the graduates of the subject Public Economics and Administration is the application of modern principles in the management of public administration and observing legal and ethical standards in their activities. The analysis of all the mentioned areas is viewed in the course of study from the perspective of their development and the current situation in the European Union. Emphasis is also placed on the development of communication skills and the corresponding knowledge in informatics.
The specialisation within this subject creates employment prerequisites for graduates at the middle and lower levels of management in public administration (in economic management of self-governing bodies of all levels, various bodies of state administration, especially at revenue offices, employment offices, social security offices), in officer and manager jobs of central administrative bodies, regions and municipalities and the institutions established by them, in enterprises and organisations of the public sector, in non-profit organisations specialised mainly in education, health care, social care, culture, transportation and technical infrastructure as well as companies, agencies, consulting firms providing the coexistence and coordination of entities and activities in a specific area. The graduates can apply the gained knowledge and skills when:
- using information management systems, computer technology and economic-mathematical methods for efficient operation of an administrative office, including the efficient utilisation of public resources;
- preparing the material for budgeting;
- processing financial materials and projects;
- ensuring supervision and inspection at the level of local self-governing authorities;
- processing the information on the forms, relations and processes of the inspection activities carried out by the bodies of public administration;
- processing the information, reports and progress of the supervision against local self-governing authorities;
- carrying out specific administrative activities and during their procedures;
- doing basic work in legislative processes and during the preparation of legislative proposals at the respective level of public administration;
- performing general activities in self-governance which are entrusted to local self-governing authorities;
- carrying out environmental activities.
The graduates of the subject Public Economics and Administration are theoretically prepared to study also the following master’s degree.
Field of study – Management in the Social Sector
The graduates of the bachelor subject Management in the Social Sector gain in the course of study the basic theoretical knowledge and practical skills in managing welfare service systems in order to understand the role of management when governing the organisations in the welfare service sector. Emphasis is placed on understanding the importance of human resources for the development of the society and individual companies and institutions as well as on change management in an organisation. The subject focuses on economics and management, economic and social policy, social-administration and social-legal issues, counselling and economic and political, economics, financial and managerial activities in the social-economics sector. Emphasis is placed on effective mastering of the basis and broader context of social policy, and on creating the foundations of professional competences in the form of desirable communication skills. The graduates gain insight into the concept of management focused on quality in relation to user requirements, and practical skills needed to implement such concept.
The gained knowledge and skills create employment prerequisites for graduates of the bachelor subject Management in the Social Sector at the middle and lower levels of management in public administration and self-governance, in officer and manager jobs of central administrative bodies, regions and municipalities and the institutions established by them, in enterprises and organisations of the public sector, in non-profit organisations, in the institutions specialised in social security and social security benefits. The graduates will find employment also in the institutions of private law (citizens associations, charitable trusts, ecclesiastical organisations, foundations etc.) and in advisory work. Other areas of employment include middle management positions in assistance services of social security, social security benefits and social insurance.
The graduates of the subject Management in the Social Sector are adequately prepared to study also the following master’s degree.