Information on study programmes offered for academic year 2022/2023
Bachelor study programme Economic Policy and Public Administration
The aim of the study is to develop competencies for qualified work performance of an independent worker in state and local authorities, in EU institutions and bodies, in the monetary area, in banking and insurance, or in the management of companies in the private sector. The study programme provides theoretical knowledge in the field of economic theory, as well as in the area of economic policy objectives, tools and authorities, both at general level and in specialized areas such as fiscal policy, monetary policy, social policy or employment policy. The programme also provides theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the field of public sector functioning, including its management and financing. Part of the study is the development of language skills so that graduates can apply them both in the follow-up study and in practice. Part of the study is also the completion of professional practice, but the study programme is designed primarily as an academically focused programme, which forms the basis for the follow-up master’s degree in programmes focusing on economic policy and administration.
Graduates of the bachelor’s study programme Economic Policy and Administration are particularly employed as professionals
- in central state administration bodies,
- in bodies of self-governing units,
- in commercial banks or insurance companies,
- in the bodies of EU institutions and other international organizations,
- in labor offices, social security administration, tax offices,
- in lower and middle management of private sector enterprises.
Master’s degree programme Economic Policy and Public Administration
The graduate is prepared to work as an independent economic expert and analyst, able to carry out national economic analyzes using advanced statistical and econometric methods, taking into account the broader macroeconomic context and patterns of socio-economic development of society. Other positions of graduates of the study programme are positions at the level of middle and top management both in public administration institutions and in the private sector, where they are able to lead a team, including a team with an international composition. The graduate can also work as a project manager in both the private and public sectors, where he / she is able to process and evaluate grant applications. In all positions, the graduates will use the language skills acquired during their studies through lectures by foreign teachers, work with foreign language literature or through a foreign internship.
The employment of graduates as professional analysts or managers can be found in the following types of institutions and organizations:
- public administration and non-profit sector (central government and self-government bodies, bodies of EU institutions and other international organizations, labor offices, social security administration, tax authorities, statistical offices, etc., non-governmental non-profit organizations),
- banking and insurance (central bank, commercial banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions),
- private-sector firms (enterprises operating in all sectors where graduates find work both as professional economic analysts and in middle and top management).